EPIC PASS INSURANCE GUIDELINES:
1. Injury or Sickness of an insured. Injury or sickness must be so disabling that the insured individual can no longer ski/snowboard as certified by a physician at the time of sickness or injury.
2. Injury, sickness or death of an insured's family member while traveling with the insured. Injury or sickness to the family member must be so disabling as to reasonably cause an insured's ski pass to be unusable, which results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a physician at the time of injury or sickness preventing the use of the ski pass.
3. Injury, sickness or death of an insured's family member while not traveling with the insured.The family member's condition must be life-threatening as certified by a physician or because they require the insured's care.
4. The insured's primary residence or destination being uninhabitable by natural disaster. Police reports or other local authority reports or documentation proving loss must be provided.
5. The insured being subpoenaed, required to serve on a jury, hijacked or quarantined. Police reports or other local authority reports or documentation must be provided.
6. The insured is involuntarily terminated or laid off.
a) Insured must have been an active employee for the same employer for at least one year.
b) Termination must occur following the effective date of coverage.
c) Coverage is not applicable to temporary employment, independent contractors or self-employed persons.
d) Documentation proving lay off and the aforementioned must be provided.
7. The insured has an involuntary employer-initiated transfer within the same organization of 100 or more miles after the insured’s effective date of coverage which requires the insured’s primary residence to be relocated.
a) Insured must be an active employee for the same employer for at least one year.
b) Documentation proving the relocation and aforementioned must be provided.
8. Insured is called to active military service or military leave is revoked or reassigned. Pregnancy or childbirth must occur after the insured’s effective date of coverage and must be verified by medical records.
9. Insured has a pregnancy or childbirth. Complication of pregnancy, normal pregnancy, or childbirth must occur after the Insured’s effective date of coverage and must be verified by medical records.
10. Insured is a student that transfers schools.a) Student must transfer to a school located 100 or more miles from the current school.
b) Student is accepted into a foreign study program that will cause the insured to be out of the country during the ski season.
c) Student who graduates and accepts a job that is 100 or more miles from the insured’s current residence.